Create Your Own Life Story!
Invest in Yourself this February:
Launching on the 6th of February, BIPC Devon introduces ‘Create Your Own Life Story’. A self-coaching journey for individuals, entrepreneurs, and small business owners, created by William & Jayne Murtha! We’ll be holding four in-person & online workshops covering everything from:
- Building Habits & Maintaining Energy
- Understanding Emotions & Managing Energy
- Cultivating creativity, Finding Your Passion & Purpose!
She Started It & BAME Grants Re-Opens!
- Did you know that our She Started It & BAME grants have re-opened for applications?
- The She Started It Grant offers up to £1,000 worth of business support to female-founded businesses.
- The BAME Grant offers up to £500 of business support to founders from the BAME community.
- Get your application in by 28th of February!
BIPC Devon will be celebrating Start-Up day with our start-up stories online panel event!
We’ll be speaking to four founders to find out how they found the confidence to unlock their potential and make the leap into self-employment!
Speakers will include:
- Marie Gould – Author of ‘Mind over Matter’ & ‘Blisscipline’
- Lorna Evans – Founder Time and Tide Business Solutions
- Shannon Keary – Founder of Diary of a Lady Gardner!
Join us online from 2 pm on Wednesday 22nd of February 2023!
Business & Information Drop In's in Cranbrook!
Based in Cranbrook? BIPC Devon is coming to you!
Whether you are aiming to turn your passion into profit or are already an established business owner, our experts have the right level of support for you. Come along to our free business and information drop-ins at the Younghayes Centre!
Drop-In Times & Dates:
- Wednesday 1st February, 14.45 – 15.45
- Tuesday 1st of March 14: 45 – 15.45
- Wednesday 29th of March 14.45 – 15.45
- The Younghayes Centre, 169 Younghayes Road,
- Cranbrook EX5 7DR
- Meeting Room (upstairs, accessible via lift)
Based in Exeter?
We run a business & information drop-in every Wednesday afternoon at Exeter Library from 2-3pm! No need to book, just pop in for a friendly chat!
Need some more specialised info on IP? We also run Intellectual Property Drop In’s from 2-3pm on the first Monday of every month!
Researching Your Business Idea with COBRA!
Are you in the early stages of starting up your own business? Trying to get to grips with what you need to know before you launch or expand?
Whether you’re setting up as a chocolatier, cobbler or catering agency, COBRA provides user-friendly online guides that will take you through the essentials – market trends, qualifications, skills, market issues, and the legislation that you’ll need to get started in your chosen field!
Join us on Thursday 23rd of February at 10am our online webinar ‘Researching Your New Business with COBRA!’. Head to our Eventbrite to book!
Understanding Intellectual Property
- Identifying Intellectual Property in your Business
- Different ways of protecting your IP – with copyright, trademarks, designs, patents & more.
- Where to get further support!
Join us on from 10 am – 11 am on Thursday the 9th of February! Head to our Eventbrite to book!
BIPC Devon in Even More Places!
We have officially launched our brand new BIPC hubs at Seaton and Okehampton Libraries! Complete with:
We think they’re pretty great, but don’t take our word for it! Here’s what Perdita Scott, founder of Moor Imagination had to say:
“BIPC Okehampton is an amazing resource for local businesses. Everyone was so friendly and gave real-life practical advice on how to help your business thrive! Libraries – so much more than books and beyond!”
Sounds like your cup of tea? Why not pop into a Business & Information drop-in for a friendly chat?